Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baking


Ta-dah!!
Yummy fudge, not the gross pudding mixture of before!! I'm so glad it worked out. Don't get me wrong I still stumbled through the process of making it. I learned that my baking instructions
need to be VERY clear on all aspects of the recipe!
I was having a really hard time with getting it to reach the correct temp. it was taking literally all bloody day. After the 2 1/2 hour mark I got mad!Then like there's was a light bulb over my head it turned on. I was using a double boiler method instead of putting it directly into a sauce pan!
Needless to say that when I switched it out into a sauce pan... the stupid stuff heated up right away!
Argggghhh!!
On the bright side it tastes great, the bad thing is the kids don't even like it! All that hard work to surprise them with the never before made fudge was all for nothing. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and eat it myself *sigh*. The things I do for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment