Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yummy Treats

Chocolate Mice

Here is a recipe for one of my family's favorite treats.
Before they had to wait till we seen grandma to get them, but on one of her visits out her she showed me how to make them. Super easy... but a little messy. Hope you like getting your hands right in there.
( I don't!)
Here's what you need

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup peanutbutter
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup coconut
2 cups ricecrispies
Mix all ingredients together by hand.
This is the part I'm not excited about.

Form into logs. Then put them in the fridge or freezer to stiffen up.
Chocolate Mixture
Melt 1/4 block of paro wax and half a box of semi sweet chocolate in a double boiler.
Dip your formed logs, making sure to evenly coat the log.
Place dipped mice back into the freezer to let the chocolate set.
Ta-da!!
Chocolate Mice.
You can keep them in the freezer and take them out as needed.
I double up the recipe cause they never last long around here.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay those look really good. I may just have to try making them. Pictures look good!

    ReplyDelete