Friday, February 4, 2011

Daily Life on the Ranch


Hello all!

Well I've been trying to keep myself busy the last few days. These are the charm purses that I've made. I really like the yellow and black one. They are super easy to make and it's a great way to get rid of some of the extra cotton fabric that you don't know what to do with any more. I really enjoy making "rag" things right now. Blankets, purses and other stuff. You see I'm lazy by nature so I like to do projects that only take a day or two for me to complete. Don't get me wrong, I still like making quilts and wall hangings, it's just that right now I want simplicity in my crafting. And it doesn't hurt that it's really cute things I'm wanting to make!

I've also tried to acomplish some baking while my kids have been away... I repeat TRIED!!! As you can see by the side picture that my attemps were for nothing. Burnt Banana Bread!!! Grrrrr. And that's not all that I ruined in the last few days. Please don't laugh to hard... I made Fudge. Or so I thought. It turns out that something so yummy to eat is not so easy to make(for me anyway).
The end result was a pudding like mixture that sat in the fridge for 2 days waiting to stiffen up! Needless to say it did not! So I called my mother in-law or she called me to say that I didn't boil it long enough, and that it's not just me. She has had a hard time making it as well. 
So defeated with my attempt I strolled over to the cookhouse to talk with the lady's there. They gave me a candy thermometer. So I'm gonna try again later today. I'll let you know if I end up with pudding or yummy fudge!

No comments:

Post a Comment